Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Yes, I got breakfast in bed, and a present from both of my lovely children. But perhaps my favourite moment of the day was after the dutiful "We love you mommy" moments were over. Their obligations forgotten, I watched my son turn a diaper box into a superhero car/airplane, and my two-year-old daughter march around in her light-up Cinderella shoes, wearing her zebra backpack, and a pearl necklace as a Greek goddess-type tiara.

As I watched them lost in their make-believe worlds I marveled at the fact that I get to spend every day with them watching and helping them discover, develop, and decide how to make their way in the world. It's an awesome responsibility and privilege.

Happy Mother's Day to all you who are in the same splendid situation of helping to mold precious little (or big) lives!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to my favourite little Mommy. You are a wonderful Mommy and I love learning how to be Mommy's together!

    ReplyDelete